Thursday, January 20, 2011

What kind of information consumer I am?

When I was young, due to my dad’s job as a photographer, I’ve been exposed to camera since then. However I didn’t know much about it until I joined the course for Photography and Digital Imaging in college. Having that advantage enables me to cope with my assignments easily. My dad’s printing company inspired me a lot too. All my assignments were done there. I get to know about the latest in fashion, fragrances and watches even before they hit the market. I even get to use the latest stuff before anyone else. I got my sense of fashion of the higher class today, all thanks to my dad.
As a kid, I always watch cartoon as any other kid would watch. For instance, Jungle Book, I have watched for over uncountable times until the tape spoilt. And also other classic Disney cartoons whose moral value I learnt from have shaped the person I am today. The way I see things in life and the way I treat people. Cartoons have been part of my life even until now. However, cartoons are getting more lifeless nowadays. I watch only a few cartoons that still contain the moral value and the imagination boost. How sad…
I always have high demand for good food. Maybe it’s because my dad is a good and my mum isn’t that bad. I don’t know how to cook but my sense for good food to give comments have convince my parents to improve better.

I still remember when I was a baby, my dad sang those classic Chinese songs to me just to put me to sleep. Bee Gees and MJ were my childhood favourites under the influence of my dad. As I grew into a teenager, I’m no longer into the mainstream music. I turned into Rock n’ Roll music eventually as I started to pick up music instruments. Now it’s all about METAL! It’s fun to hook up with some bandmates or headbangers and jam once in a while. Do covers for metal songs. Sadly, our ‘species’, Metalhead is the rare ones in Malaysia. I always wish to spread the ‘METAL disease’ across our land. I also wish I could learn music in my earlier age.

I have been playing sports my whole life now. I love playing football the most. Having the ball under your foot and controlling it is the best feeling I can ever had. This sport has shaped me physically and also mentally strong. Having my passion in football, I always keep track of the football world. Knowing that I’ll never become a pro, at least my passion for it never dies…
My family isn’t that religious. However, we still continue the Chinese tradition festival among our relatives. Guess that makes me a traditional minded person I am today. I would insist the next generation to pass down the traditions to the next as our ancestors did. I believe that these traditions could keep a family united together for generations and also tighten their relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment